KnK International Homeschool, which is located in Bundang, a satellite suburb of Seoul, is looking for qualified native teachers who can start to teach from December 31, 2018.
This is the perfect job for teachers who are looking for a great job, in a wonderful school with the strengths of a 'standard' system without all the administrative red-tape.
The teacher will teach North American Elementary or Middle School subjects such as Language Arts, Science and Social Studies, from standard native-English texts (Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, Scholastic, etc.). We use a modified North American curriculum, with small class sizes (a maximum of 8 students per class), and MOST of the students either have already or will soon, study & live overseas. The students are from 1st Grade to 9th Grade in Korean public/private schools.
We prefer the certified teachers who have previous teaching experience, from the U.S.A, Canada and/or another country¡¯s elementary or middle school system.
* Native English Speaker
* BA/BS (or higher) in Elementary Education, English (Literature), and other relevant majors
* Preference is given to Certified Teachers, but a combination of TEFL/TESOL/CELTA certification and work experience will also be considered.
* maximum 22.5-25 teaching hours a week (Teacher will teach a maximum of 30 classes of 45-50 minutes) and work 5 days a week (Monday through Friday). Except for RARE cases, there are NO Saturday classes.
* Detailed working hours
Mon~ Fri. 1:30 p.m. (at the earliest during regular terms) - 10:00 p.m.(at the latest in regular terms) / During the regular semester, our school classes begin at 4:00 p.m. and end at 9:30 p.m.
* No Split Shifts
* During Our Summer and Winter Intensives: Classes run Mon. thru Fri. 12:30 pm - 9:30 pm, therefore, possibilities exist for teachers to collect great over-time during Intensive months (usually held in August and January).
Salary: Basic Monthly Salary, Quarterly Bonuses, and Severance
* Basic salary will be determined based on applicants education, qualifications, and teaching experience. (2.55-2.75 million Won per month)
*'Merit' quarterly bonuses will be given at the end of each quarter, depending on a teachers performance in the previous three months.
(Excellent Evaluation = 600,000 won EXTRA for that quarter)
* Severance pay (or the equivalent of 1 month's basic salary) will be given after the completion of a one-year contract.
* Single furnished housing that is comfortable and convenient
* 500,000 Won per month will be given as a housing allowance if the teacher does not need furnished housing provided.
* Round-trip Airfare
Benefits & Taxes
* 20,000 Won per hour for overtime
* 4 weeks paid vacation and all national holidays
* Medical insurance premium and national pension will be co-shared
* Income tax will be deducted at the standard National rate
* Scanned transcripts (for our files, originals are no longer required)
* Cover letter, explaining your goals and motivations for teaching in Korea
* Resume, with a recent photo
* 1 Copy of university diploma. For Canadians, notarized by a notary public and certified by Korean consulate. For others, the diploma needs to be notarized and apostilled. Again, a scan/copy is fine for the initial application. Please note that the Korean Ministry of Education may require an original diploma to be presented after arrival.
* Copy of inside passport page with the date of birth and nationality shown
* Two letters of recommendation, written by former employers.
* Copy of teacher certification (optional, but HIGHLY recommended)
* Applicant¡¯s Health Statement (after an offer of employment is made, please note that drug tests have been fully reinstated by Korean immigration)
* A criminal record check certificate. Again, a scan is fine for the initial application.
(In order to accept the position at KnK, a criminal record certificate must be prepared in advance. Please note Federal checks are now required.)
All documents can be submitted through mail or e-mail. If all of the required documents are not submitted, our recruitment process will not be initiated.