Blog > Korean Immigration Office

Korean D10 Visa - Job Seeker Visa

Creating the D10 visa was a great solution to so many issues.  Below I will outline some of the commonly asked questions regarding this mysterious visa.  

D10 - Job seeker - Either you quit your job or you didn't find another job before your previous E2 visa expired. Get an E2 Visa extension first. 

D10 - Job Seeker - You may have been on another visa type that you no longer qualify for but looking to change over to another visa. 

Example 1: 
E2 Employment Contract is completed/satisfied - you will NOT need a D10, just find another job before it expires.  If you need two extra weeks just go to immigration for an E2 extension.  If you can not find a job in time, they will recommend a D10 visa.

Example 2:
E2 Contract is NOT satisfied / You quit.  You will need a "Release Letter" from your employer.  They are not obligated to give you one.  You must transfer jobs within a month of your release. If you can not find another job in time, they will recommend a D10 visa. 

Example 3:
Your current visa is expired and you can not get the same visa again.  student, etc. 

Other Notes:
It IS possible to travel on a D10 visa but keep in mind that if you remain outside of Korea for 90+ days, you will need a new background check.  In addition, it is suggested that you wait to obtain your new ARC card in hand before traveling.  You will use this as your entry/exit document.

It will take 3 weeks for a "visa status change" so it is suggested to avoid getting the D10 visa if you can simply transfer to a new workplace.  The timeline to change from an E2 to a D10 to an E2 will take about 6 weeks since you are changing your visa status twice.  If you are okay with not working for that amount of time or more than that is okay.  



Support this page and share this information with those that may find it helpful.  Thank you